Salted caramel is nothing new. We’ve talked about it in a previous post. And it seems that the excitement for this food trend isn’t waning. There’s new recipes coming out every day and we just couldn’t resist this one. It sounds delicious and is every chocolate lover’s dream come true – Salted Caramel Chocolate Puddings.
This tantalising recipe contains a combination of dark chocolate, caramel chocolate and salt. It’s this winning formula of sweet and savoury that seduces our taste buds.
The outside of these chocolate puddings should have a thin rim of cooked cake, so that when your spoon breaks through to the centre, you’re met with an oozing, gooey middle of molten chocolate and toffee.
If we’ve got you craving a salted caramel hit, give the below Salted Caramel Chocolate Puddings recipe a whirl. The good news is that you can prepare these puddings up to a couple of days in advance, making them ideal for any dinner party. Just remember that if you do make them in advance, still follow the method below, but before baking, cover the ramekins and chill in the fridge, until you’re ready to pop them into the oven. Then when it comes to cooking the puddings, just increase the time in the oven to 12-14 minutes.
This recipe will make 6 puddings.
- 300g/ 11oz dark chocolate with sea salt about 70% cocoa
- 75g/ 3oz unsalted butter diced
- 50g/ 2oz light muscovado sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 5 medium eggs
- 40g/ 1½ oz plain flour sifted
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- 6 squares of filled caramel chocolate
- Crème fraîche to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. Butter six ramekins that have 150ml/5fl oz capacity.
3. Break the chocolate into pieces and gently melt it in a bowl above a saucepan of simmering water.
4. Place the butter, sugar, eggs, flour and sea salt into a food processor and whiz to a smooth batter.
5. Once mixed, add the melted chocolate and whiz again.
6. Divide the mixture among the dishes so that they are three quarters full. Gently push a square of the filled caramel chocolate into the middle of the pudding.
7. Dust with a little sugar before placing onto a baking sheet and baking in the oven for 10 minutes or until just starting to rise.
8. Once cooked serve straight away with a dollop of crème fraîche.