did you know?
- every cell of your body contains salt
- an adult human body contains about 250 grammes to maintain the normal
volume of blood and digest food
- salt is used in manufacturing an estimated 14,000 products.
- salt was used to preserve Egyptian mummies
- until relatively recently, salt bars were the standard currency of
- in old Japanese theatres, salt was sprinkled on to the stage before each
performance to prevent evil spirits from casting a spell on the actors.
next - try this at home >